Who are you and what is this?
We’re two friends that like to have fun at the expense of our dignity and sometime (always?) the respect of our friends. Having been the participants in many urban adventure races and road races we wanted to step up and bring something new to Boston. We knew our event had more elements than a typical scavenger hunt or urban race. The Urban Iditarod format was perfect and we’re excited to be bringing it to Boston under the new name Idiotorama.
We hope you will be a part of our Boston urban adventure and food drive this coming year!
Tim Jones & Kevin Doran
Boston Urban Idiotorama Founders
Where did you get the idea?
Like all great ideas, we stole it. Urban Iditarods have been going on since 1994 in San Francisco. We borrowed the name and some of the format from other cities but the Boston Urban Idiotorama is a home grown event and like nothing you’ve ever seen. Giving credit where credit is due, urban adventure races that have been our inspiration –
- The San Francisco Urban Iditarod, established in 1994!
- The Chicago Chiditarod – The source of much inspiration for us
- The NYC Idiotarod mushing since 2003.
- The Vancouver Shopping Kart Race, raising hell since 1997.
- The Ann Arbor Shopping Cart Race, tearing it up since 1997.
- The Portland Urban Iditarod, running since 2002.
- The Washington, D.C. Urban Idiotarod, racing since 2006.
- The Seattle Iditarod, cavorting since 2007.
- The Los Angeles Urban Iditarod, romping since 2007.
- The Phoenix Idiotarod, carousing since 2007.
- The Cinciditarod, beginning in 2008.
- The Iowa City Iditarod, also starting in 2008.
- The Denver Iditarod, following suit in 2008.
- The Toronto Idiotarod, founded in 2008.